Wednesday, July 1, 2015

A Question & A Beautiful New Blouse


hello everyone,
I'm in a bit of a dilemma with regards to putting links up when I show fashion items.
???????

as most of you know,
I have been in luxury retail most of my adult career life,
at the highest levels, 
I might add.

so, actually, I know a thing or two about fashion, trending,
styling, wardrobing, all that good stuff.

& because of my grandmother, Mom-Mom, I was taught elegance & refinement
from birth, but because I'm a Texan whose grandmother married an Italian
gentleman, I have a bit of excessive, impulsive, whimsical, fanciful & maybe even
a little over-the-top included in the mix.

but, you get it...I've got a WHOLE lot of experience in this field.

OK, here's a beautiful blouse from HauteHippie which just arrived at
SOHO Couture, where I'm working part-time.
the blouse is edgy but elegant.
in other words, MY KIND OF BLOUSE/SHIRT

it's $325,  pure silk, will take you almost anywhere
(except church)
& actually you will wear it for many years to come.
so, a good buy, I think.



my dilemma?
should I just go ahead and tell you it's available at
hautehippie.com
neiman-marcus
etc.

or would you prefer that I link to those sites, thereby driving revenue to myself,
and allowing ease of 1-click shopping for my readers?

for me, this is difficult because I already sell Italian leather handbags &
semi-precious jewelry...
you see?


Photobucket

18 comments:

  1. Dear Marsha,
    I would suggest that you are offering a professional curating service and it is your sense of style and fashion discernment that is allowing the reader/customer to shop with confidence through your recommendations. In that sense, I don't see that there is anything wrong with you earning a fee through providing a direct link.After all, the reader is not compelled to buy through clicking on your link!

    Most people would prefer the ease of using the link, I believe. If your dilemma is that you think that offering the occasional fashion option is at cross purposes with selling bags and jewellery, I don't think it's a problem. It's still under the umbrella of fashion!

    Go for it! Many people would like to be guided by you!

    Cheers,
    Deborah - Melbourne, Australia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deborah, this is most generous of you to feel this way. Thank you for your support and your valuable opinion.

      Delete
    2. It just seems sensible. Everyone has to earn a living and that is what you are good at and have experience in. Some may see it as being overly commercial, but that doesn't pay the bills. You have many posts of beautiful coastline, or stunning rooms in an enviable house. It's not as if you are thrusting commercial opportunities at every possible opportunity!

      I should say, to clarify my position, that I used to also have my own fashion boutique with upmarket designer labels and imports, when I was younger. So I see it from your viewpoint!
      Deborah

      Delete
  2. Hello,my dear friend!
    I think, you can do it,Marsha.... I mean you link via your site to another sites what do you told us!
    Your opinion for style and your fashion taste is absolutely no doubt-faultlessly, I mean it!
    Everyone have an own feeling for fashion but not everyone can see the most intresting combinations in fashion together.....
    My warm Hugs,
    V.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To me personally I like links, it makes it so much easier and you should get a little piece of the action afterall you are the one introducing someone to something they love!! Why not!
    Haute Hippie made some great items this season...thats a great super practical blouse that is seasonless.
    Hope you enjoy your July 4th weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please add the link(s)! You could be our personal stylist! I would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please add the link(s)! You can become our personal stylist!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with the others that you should add the links and benefit as appropriate. I just wish I could afford to buy the lovely items you recommend and sale. Woe is me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely add the links and remember you are promoting the pieces so you should be compensated!! LOVE that blouse!! xo Karolyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am just amused at your description of yourself as a fashion maven. You certainly sound full of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, at least you smiled at bit, right? I am not at all full of myself, however, I know what my strong points are after all these years. Don't ask me to change a flat tire, ride bucking broncos, or do target practice with guns. I'm happy you read my blog and I don't mind the misconception at all.

      Delete
  9. It's so much easier for us to just click on link, and I don't mind your profiting from it. You invested your time and talent after all..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my friend.
      i just don't want you guys to feel over-loaded.

      Delete
  10. Oh, yes Please! Add the links. Love your style! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Marsha, Yes- do the one link/click- rstyle or likeit what ever it is called. As long as you clearly state that you will receive a commission- it is above board and ethical. Plus, I like your style and blog! You go girl!!!
    -linda,ny

    ReplyDelete


Please know how much I value your comments. I read every single one and do hope you will take the time to leave your thoughts. I think InstaGram with the Emojis have taken a lot away from blogging, but I love IG too.