Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Reprise of a 2010 Post I Loved.....

We've all been to places we simply cannot forget,
and I'm about to tell you of one such place,
visited many years ago, which has suddenly been brought to mind.


I was a guest at this splendid old home in the French Quarter of
New Orleans, complete with a greenhouse roof, like the one above,
but their roof retracted!!   

Will you please come play with me....
Imagine this room as it is and the floor-to-ceiling
glass wall on the right leads out to a beautiful interior courtyard
filled with flowers and tropical plants

and on the far wall, facing the dining room is the most exquisite
wall-mounted fountain, it's water creating lovely sparkles


and for one night only  we are having a
 beautiful dinner party with a few of our beautiful-people friends
who will all be dressed formally.

All us girls are interested in making an exquisite table,
complete with our finest china, crystal, & silver,
along with beautiful flowers, music & conversation.
So I thought it would be fun to imagine our party,
set the table and decorate the room
for everyone to see.

The room looks too bare to me, so I think installing this
huge canvas opposite the opening to the courtyard
would be perfect...



I love the glass table, but for tonight I'm thinking:



  these chairs slip-covered in gray/silver shimmering silk
I love the not for tonight's dinner...I think
we need a more intimate & cozy look...because it's a formal 
dinner party...

the flowers, hi-lo arrangements with many column candles of
various heights marching down the table






and now for the china....


1st, this Arte
which I happen to own in beautiful inlaid silver


I dreamed of these so much that my husband's daughter & son
gave 8 of them to me for Christmas many years ago.


with this beautiful Versace Arabesque Dinner Plate

& the William Yeoward Avington Magenta Salad Plate


the magenta plate will fit exactly inside the gold border of the



Of course, we will need beautiful crystal wine glasses


Varga Raspberry Red Wine



& William "Orleans" Water Goblet

Dessert Plate with be this Butterfly Gold,
brought to the table on the same crystal charger...
one can recognize



and this is the dessert
a ribbon-wrapped 2-tiered cake covered entirely with fresh flowers...
see the little green chrysanthemums


so we shall all celebrate

with a lovely champagne
(has anyone tried Coppola's "Sofia" - it's very nice)
served off a silver tray
in various vintage crystal stems


and the hostess wore this nice little
New Orleans-appropriate
Oscar de la Renta gown 






Splenderosa's

Tourmaline
Earrings



beautifully-wrapped in pink,  favors for all the girls,
from Sandi at A Gift Wrapped Life



and I would like you to meet the gentleman
who will be accompanying me to this wonderful
imaginary
dinner party.

...oh well, let's just go ahead
 and 
celebrate George & Amal's wedding!






Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. Marsha,
    You have created the most imaginative make believe fairytale dinner party. I will RSVP yes to your magical charming evening.
    XOXO,
    Vera

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vera, isn't this just the most fun? I so look forward to seeing you at the party.
      xx's

      Delete
  2. Oh count me in.
    I'd love to dine in that marvelous place.
    It would be such pleasure
    to see the stars and moon
    while I sip champagne.

    I love posts like this
    my imagination runs wild
    in a good way♥


    http://roomsofinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Marsha

    You certainly know how to host a party. Love the cake, our ear-rings and the stunning setting of the table and candles.

    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. For a minute you had me thinking this realy happened and I was convinced this was the most magical night ever...wow!! No wonder I love you...we are both dreamers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh....S P L E N D E R O S A ! I'm in!
    After dinner, let's plan a girlfriend get a way to a penthouse where we can wear silk pajamas and have Cary Grant film festival!
    w/L.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You certainly don't do things halfway! What a lovely daydream.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing is all there is to be said about these images!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a DREAMY place...........................!!!
    I want,my dream can being true!:)*

    Breathless dress,Marsha and you Tourmaline earrings-is absolutely my favourites!!!

    Wish you beautiful end of September,
    Xx,
    V.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pure magic! I would LOVE to go to a fete like that! Thanks for re-posting, Marsha...have a fabulous weekend!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful images. We have a glass table, not as nice as that one. Our chairs need replacing I might go for the ghost chairs the help to add light and space.

    ReplyDelete


Please know how much I value your comments. I read every single one and do hope you will take the time to leave your thoughts. I think InstaGram with the Emojis have taken a lot away from blogging, but I love IG too.